Inexpensive Simple Ideas
To Do With Your Teen
Teens or teenagers can be a challenge to involve in teen play. Parents and family are no longer "cool" to be with. Teens think parents don't know anything. Hang on; this time will pass.
But it is still important to make connections with your teens.
- A Family Game Night once a week can help the family to continue developing closeness.
- One on one time with each parent can also be very valuable.
- Take a picnic to a park.
- Take the teen shopping.
- Make a family snowman in winter.
- Have them play with younger brothers or sisters if there are any.
- Have them help out at church with other people's kids.
- Have them help out with work around the house.
- Gardening is a good activity. It is not so much for the foods grown as it is for the lessons learned.